That’s right, I made it through the first week of iMedia “Boot Camp” digital workshops, and everything else that comes with my new grad-student life. This includes and is not limited to:
– Multiple trips to Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, Lowes Foods, and more.
– Multiple trips to the above stores in one day.
– Getting my new Elon student ID card. I guess this means I’m an official grad student now?
– Locking myself out of my apartment because the door handle broke. At least I thought it broke.
– Learning that the maintenance guy probably thinks I’m nutty as a fruitcake because of the above instance and how it happened.*
– Learning that Adobe Premiere is not my friend.
– Trying to recall everything I learned about Adobe Dreamweaver from my tech writing job at VT for the HTML/CSS workshop in a couple weeks.
– Finding an adorable store in Elon called All that JAS and realizing that I cannot go there every day over my lunch break because my bank account would dry up faster than rain in the desert.
– Figuring out the best time(s) to stop by Starbucks before heading to campus.
– Reminding myself that I only need one cup of coffee in the mornings.
– Finding the best places to eat in town. My favorite find so far: Brixx Pizza in a nearby shopping center. I just might become a pizza person again.
– And Biscuitville. Move over, Bojangles.
– Convincing myself that my 12-pack of vanilla Coke Zero will last the entire semester. Or at least until fall break…maybe that’s more realistic.
– I need to make a list of possible places to apply for jobs, like, NOW.
– The next 10 months are going to be a whirlwind of Adobe programs, research, lots of reading and writing, and getting to know my wonderful classmates and professors.
– I’m absolutely 110% ready for it.
*I tried to open my door and heard a crack, panicked, ran down to my complex’s office, told them my door handle broke and I couldn’t get into my apartment. They sent a maintenance guy to install a new handle. He lifted the handle UP (instead of pushing it down, like I usually do and was showing him) and my door slid right open. I still got the new handle.
Bring it on, week 2!
|I swear, every campus in America is under some form of construction.|