Hello, blog world! I know I have been out of touch for a bit, but I finally have some downtime to catch y’all up on the adventures I’ve been having over here.
Jordan and I arrived in Berlin last Sunday (the 25th). Travel was relatively easy: we left Dulles around 5:30 on Saturday, arrived in Copenhagen for a short layover, and landed in Berlin just before 9am local time. The seven-and-a-half-hour flight from Dulles to Copenhagen was the worst part; everything else was really efficient and easy. Even getting a taxi to our hotel was painless. I stumbled on the few German phrases I’d written down to remember, but it didn’t hurt at all.
Since we have done so much, writing a post with all the details would take forever, and y’all would go blind reading it, for now I will sum up the major points. Picture-uploading is being a pain, too, so I promise I will go into details and share photos once I am home and can actually write a full post. So for now…
- City walking tour: saw the Brandenburg Gate, Berlinner Dom, Alexanderplatz, TV tower, Checkpoint Charlie, the Holocaust Memorial.
- Asisi art exhibit with panorama painting of the Berlin Wall.
- East Side Gallery and other Berlin Wall sites.
- Ate currywurst.
- Made my own chocolate bar at Ritter Sport.
- Stopped in Dresden for lunch on our way to…
- Walking tour: Prague Castle (incredible), Charles Bridge, Golden Lane, Astronimcal Clock at Old Town Hall, Old Town Square.
- Bicycle tour through city to see other landmarks, famous places, and “hidden gems” of Prague.
- Saw a variety or sculptures and art by David Černy throughout the city.
- Nuclear bunker tour.
- Traditional Czech dinner with music and polka dancing.
- Stopped in the town of Kutna Hora to see the bone church.
Now we are in Vienna, and I am so excited for our tours and activities tomorrow! Afterward, we are off to Budapest, Krakow, and Warsaw.
For now, guten nacht!