Suffering from writer’s block? Want to write a post but can’t think of anything fun or creative to post about? Or just want to try something fresh and new? We’ve all experienced any or all of these feelings, because you know what?
Today, I am here to help you get past that bout of writer’s block and to get your creative juices flowing once again. Some of these are my own ideas, and others I’ve found on other blogs or sites. I hope y’all find them as fun and helpful as I do!
- Life Lately: Fill out an inventory of everything that’s been happening in your life lately. I did one of my own recently. This is a fun, easy post you can crank out pretty quickly. Thanks for this one, Erica!
- If we’re going to be friends…what do I need to know about you? It’s a more fun “about me” type of post. I got this one from Neely.
- Pet Peeves: What grinds your gears? What really bothers you? These can be as serious or trivial as you want. Sometimes the more trivial ones are the most fun to read about!
- Join a link-up: There are any number of link-ups you can join. I participate in Five on Friday (it’s on summer vacation right now) and Sunday Social, and they’re a lot of fun and always lead me to new blogger friends each week. If you look around, I’m positive you can find a link-up that tickles your fancy!
- Bag Check: What is currently (or always) in your bag? Purse? Backpack? Briefcase? I got this idea from a bit on The Tennis Channel, when they interview tennis players and ask them what’s in their bags. The contents of a person’s bag say a lot about that person!
- Why I Blog: What keeps you coming back to the blog world every day or every week? We’d love to know, because it keeps us coming back, too! Here’s mine as an example.
- Bucket List: What are your biggest dreams and goals?
- Dive into the Archives: Go back and find some of your favorite posts from a few weeks or months ago and bring them back!
- Throwback Thursday: If you can #tbt a photo on Instagram or Facebook, then why not #tbt a blog post? Share a fun throwback and tell us the story behind it!
- Honest Moment: Share some of your honest feelings with us. See Neely’s post “If I’m Being Honest” for a great example.
- Share a fun(ny) date story! We all love hearing about silly romantic adventures. Been on any blind dates? Any super awkward encounters? Had a night when everything that could go wrong, went wrong? If you can look back and laugh, share it with us!
What are some of your favorite prompts and tips to combat writer’s block?