Quiches aren’t exactly quick fixes, but they are pretty low-maintenance, and you can do a lot with them. Here’s my favorite recipe for a delicious sausage and cheese quiche.
- 1, 1-pound roll of sausage
- 5-6 eggs, depending on the size of your quiche (I used 2 eggs and the equivalent of 3 eggs with Egg Beaters)
- Shredded cheese of your choice (I use medium cheddar)
- 1 frozen, pre-prepared pie crust (or you can make your own, if you’re into that)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook the sausage in a skillet until brown. Drain and set aside.
3. Add eggs, milk, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk until combined.
4. Add sausage to the bottom of the pie crust. Layer cheese on top of the sausage.
5. Pour egg mixture over sausage and cheese. Top with more cheese, if desired.
6. Put in oven and bake for 50 minutes. The top should be golden brown-yellow, and the quiche should be firm.
7. Let cool for 10 minutes. Slice like a pie and serve while warm.
What’s your favorite comfort food? What do you cook on cold winter nights?