Well, this will be an interesting one…I’m doing this entirely from my iPad since my main computer is out of commission, yet again. But this time, it should all be fixed and taken care of, so I’ll never have to make any visits to repair centers again.
Anyway…here’s this week’s Five on Friday.
1. New Sperrys: I wore my old pair completely out in London, which I expected would happen. They were almost on their last legs, anyway–pun intended?–so I pretty much counted on getting a new pair once I got back. And I can assure you, after a month walking around in worn-out shoes, even with fancy gel foot inserts, nothing is more comforting than a brand new pair of Sperrys.
2. I love my kitty: My parents got a new cat, a Russian Blue named Bows, shortly after I returned to VT in January. Since I didn’t go back to PA over my spring break, I had to wait until May to meet the new cat. I got a week to bond with her between the end of the semester and leaving for London, and now I’ve got all summer. She’s super sweet and loving, but not exactly a lap cat…yet. She’s also the first non-domestic breed we’ve ever had. She’s very talkative and trots around the house meowing a lot, especially in the mornings. And I don’t have to worry about replacing my broken alarm clock…Bows does that for me. But I love her anyway.
|Photo cred to my dad…he sent me pictures almost daily while I was in London!|
3. Awesome ‘Merica shorts: The best part of summer is being able to wear shorts! I had a few pairs I needed to replace, so Mom and I went shopping yesterday. I found these gems on the sale shelf at my favorite department store. Aren’t they cute? Can’t wait to sport them on the 4th.
4. Reading & writing all day, every day: I have enough of each to keep me occupied between now and the beginning of the semester in August. Part of my London program is a final portfolio; I’m creating a collection of poems and essays about London and certain experiences there (of course…what else would I do?). Between that and reading some books in preparation for my independent study in advanced creative nonfiction–which I’m super excited about–I’ve got plenty to keep me busy.
|This isn’t even all of it.|
5. Best $10 purchase I’ve ever made: This caught my eye just as I was finishing my shopping at Target the other day. It’s a mason jar tumbler. I’ve seen these on Pinterest and have wanted one ever since. Now I’ve got one, and I have enjoyed many glasses–jars, perhaps–of tea since buying it. My dad liked mine so much that he went and bought one for himself. We do love our mason jars at this house.
|Thank you, Target!|
That’s all for now…and I promise my last London post is coming…soon…I promise.