My friend from high school, Courtney, runs an awesome blog called FlatBrokeCoed, which is all about smart living and saving money on a student budget. She nominated me for a few awards, so it’s my turn to share and recognize my favorite blogs, too.
The awards are: the One Lovely Blog Award, the Shine On Award, and the Versatile Blogger Award.
Rules of the game: mention the blog that nominated you (check), list seven facts about you for each award, and then post your own nominations for seven of your favorite blogs.
- I’m addicted to coffee. Like, badly.
- The only kinds of pizza I like are plain cheese and Hawaiian.
- I could watch reruns of Two and a Half Men (pre-Ashton Kutcher) all day.
- I get emotional about Kenneth Branagh’s Hamlet in the same way other people get emotional about Harry Potter.
- I’m nearly impossible to shop with. I’m picky and often know exactly what I want, and I won’t stop until I’ve found it. Or until I’ve exhausted every possible option. I’m a stubborn shopper. Props to my parents for putting up with my obnoxious shopping habits for the last 21.5 years.
- I absolutely abhor the WeBuyAnyCar.com commercials. Never seen one? Consider yourself lucky.
- I have always, and will always, prefer grits over oatmeal.
- My celebrity crush is Tom Cruise. Yeah, I know, he’s nuts, but I can’t get enough of him. Okay, maybe I can; Jack Reacher and Knight & Day sucked. But Mission: Impossible (all four) and Top Gun can’t be beat.
- While we’re on the subject of celebrity crushes, I have an unhealthy fondness for One Direction and Jeremy Renner. Fun fact: Jeremy and UNC quarterback Bryn Renner are second cousins.
- I want to see Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the Czech Republic. And maybe Rome and Athens. Maybe St. Petersburg. But definitely the first four. I also want to go to Canada.
- You know how some people have certain words that bother them, like “moist” or “chunky” or other random words like that? My word is “fluid.”
- I am absolutely disgusted by skin diseases or any kind of skin abnormality.
- I have never broken any bones or torn anything serious.
- Sunflowers are my favorite flowers.
- I did not watch the entire Star Wars series (all six films) until I was in high school. Return of the Jedi is my favorite.
- I have never seen an episode of: Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Star Trek, Dr. Who, or Sherlock. I much prefer Big Bang Theory and Hawaii Five-0.
- I honestly have no idea what I would do if I weren’t majoring in communication and English, because science and math aren’t really my things. I’m way too creative for my own good.
- I studied Spanish in high school, but would love to pick up another language or two.
- I often forget the Oxford comma exists. Thanks, AP style.
- I’m currently on a David Sedaris kick. He’s wonderful.
- My first dream job was a meteorologist. Then I switched to broadcast news. Then I switched to PR.