It’s week two of the Be Bold in 2016 linkup series! I was blown away by the words everyone shared last week, and I can’t wait to read all about this week’s topic: blogging goals for the year.
Last week I said I want to make a better effort to care for my blog this year. I say that every year, of course, and it’s not like I don’t make progress. But this year I want to really grow and develop. I have a vision and it’s time to meet it.
Here are my blogging goals for this year (and beyond).
- Be more active on Bloglovin. I often forget how awesome Bloglovin is, and I shouldn’t. There’s so much opportunity here to engage with other bloggers and grow my own audience. Also, it’s basically my blog reading list.
- Grow all of my social media pages. Especially Instagram and Pinterest. I’m pretty confident in my Twitter presence, as that’s where I’m most active. I know I can’t post on Instagram every single day, but there’s no reason I can’t post four or five days a week.
- Be more consistent, across the board. When I’m not posting consistently anywhere–whether on the blog or on one of my social media pages–my audience loses interest. I have to keep them engaged and interested to keep them coming back. Publishing and sharing awesome content on a consistent schedule will only make my blog better.
- Stick to a schedule and editorial calendar. I’ve tried creating editorial calendars for myself and they never stick. I always struggle with them, for some reason. Maybe I haven’t found the right formula that works for me yet.
- Write at least 2 posts about blogging each month. I am a blogger, after all, and I’ve been at it for over 4 years. Surely I can write 2 posts a month about blogging, what I’ve learned, tips, anecdotes, something.
- Write 1 post about travel each month. I may not get to travel as much as I want to, but it is a passion of mine. And just because I don’t get to travel a lot right now, doesn’t mean I can’t write about it.
- Be proactive about reaching out for new opportunities. Collaborations, event coverage and recaps, sponsored post opportunities and things like that aren’t just going to fall into my lap. I have to go for them myself.
How can I make these happen?
What’s a goal if I don’t have a plan for making it happen? These goals won’t happen overnight and I’ll have to be patient with myself and my progress. Here’s how I’m going to make those goals happen:7 #blogging goals + how to make them happen Click To Tweet
- Be an active journal-er. I used to write in a journal all the time in high school. Like, every day. I keep a separate journal for blog notes and plans, and so many others that are waiting to be written in. Whether it’s in my blog journal or a different one, journaling every day is bound to make a difference, in my blogging journey and beyond. Actively journaling is a great habit in general, but it’s also great for idea generation.
- Use my planner. I bought a simple little planner at Target around the holidays that I plan to use solely for the blog. So far, it’s helped me keep track of which posts will go live on what days and what I’ll schedule on my other social pages on the in-between days. I’m going to start using it for reminders about reaching out to others, working on my own blog-related projects and things like that.
- Use a scheduler all the time. I’m a huge fan of Buffer. It saves my life and keeps me sane. I love waking up and scheduling all my tweets and Facebook posts for that day, and sometimes the next two days. Productivity win, for sure. Staying on top of this will help with my editorial calendar, and vice-versa. I’m waiting for Instagram to get that scheduling feature… *taps foot*
- Be more social on Instagram. You know how they say “social media is social”? I’m so bad about not being social enough on Instagram, at least like I am on Twitter. If I can do it on Twitter, why shouldn’t I do it on Instagram? I’ve gotten better about this in the last couple of weeks, so I hope I can only get better from here. Posting more consistently will help, too.
- Don’t lose confidence or let myself get discouraged. I think this is my biggest battle. Sometimes I think that my blog “isn’t good enough” or “isn’t big enough” for certain things (sponsored posts, event recaps, reviews, etc). The truth is, no blog is too small for anything. Having confidence to put myself and my blog out there will be a huge step forward. What does Elpheba say in Wicked: “It’s time to trust my instincts, close my eyes and leap!” Okay so blogging is not quite the same as defying gravity, but it’s the thought that counts.
Each of these is part of that care – doing all the hard work to take care of my blog, my passion project, so it can be the best it can be and keep growing. You know the saying, “Your dreams won’t work unless you do”? Well, my blog won’t grow unless I work on it and care for it.
What are YOUR blogging goals for this year? How will you make them happen?
Link up with us for Be Bold in 2016 and share your blogging goals with everyone!