Happy Friday, y’all! I am so so glad it’s Friday and the week is over. This was “hell week” at school, and I swear it felt like I was never going to finish anything. Six projects and assignments later… it’s done! And even better, my hardest class (theory) is done forever, so one class already down for the semester. How crazy awesome is that? And to make it all better, my “fall break” starts now and I have Monday and Tuesday off to relax. I seriously need it.
So with that in mind, here are my 5 favorite ways to relax after a long week (or three weeks)!
1. Reading for fun – I haven’t read anything of my own choosing since the summer when I read Gretchen Rubin’s The Happiness Project (which I absolutely loved, by the way). Since theory class is done, and that required the most reading, I now feel like I have time to read for myself. I just started The One and Only by Emily Giffin, and y’all, it is awesome.
2. Yoga – Or at least long, guided stretching. I must admit that I’m not the hugest fan of yoga, but I know it’s good for me, and everyone needs a good, long stretching session every now and then.
3. Painting – I was really into artsy stuff in my younger days, and got back into it this past summer when I painted Kevin’s cooler. I painted some smaller pieces to get myself reacquainted, and I’ve since painted a some wall art for my apartment.
4. Baking – Seriously, I will look for any reason to bake something. Kevin’s coming for the weekend? Have leftover pumpkin puree in the fridge? Pumpkin cookies it is. Baking has always been calming for me. I also love the creativity and freedom I have to explore and create new flavors of cookies, breads, cupcakes, etc.
5. Netflix – For some reason, I’m not capable of binge-watching a show for hours on end, but I do like to sit down and watch a few episodes or a movie at a time. I’ve got a ton of shows and films on my list right now, so many, in fact, that I don’t know what to go to next!
What’s on your Netflix list? How do you relax after a long week?