Hello, everyone! My second week in Europe has been absolutely incredible. We have done and seen so much that it’s even overwhelming to think back about what to share. While I am glad to be returning back to the States tomorrow, I will miss these places, and hope I can come back sometime sooner rather than later.
Again, pictures coming later!
- Arrived, had a lovely dinner at I Tricolori Italian restaurant.
- City waking tour: saw the Schönbrunn Palace, Museum Square, Hofburg Palace, St. Stephens Cathedral, Mozart statue.
- Shopped at THE Swarovski store.
- Ate lots of apfelstrudel.
- Visited the Schnaps factory and sampled lots of different liqueurs.
- Saw a Mozart and Strauss concert at Schönbrunn Palace. It was amazing.
- Lunch stop in Bratislava, Slovakia en route to…
- City tour: saw Fisherman’s Bastion, the former royal palace, Hungarian Statue of Liberty, Hungarian Parliament building, and more.
- Dinner cruise on the Danube. Amazing sights!
- Guided tour of the parliament building.
- Had traditional Hungarian “cold soup.”
- Visited the House of Terror museum.
- Lunch stop in Banska Bystrica, Slovakia en route to…
- Traditional Polish dinner at Ariel restaurant in the Jewish quarter.
- City tour: saw Schindler’s factory, Jewish quarter, Old Town Square and market.
- Traditional pierogi dinner.
- Visited and toured Auschwitz and Birkenau concentration camps.
- Lovely dinner at Zapiecek restaurant.
- City tour: Frederic Chopin monument, Jewish quarter, National Museum for Polish Jews, political buildings, embassies, Royal palace, old town square and market.
- Had traditional Polish donuts at A. Blikle, the oldest cafe and bakery in the city. Delicious.
Tonight is our last group dinner and night out before everyone departs tomorrow morning. It will be full of teary goodbyes and lots of laughter and reminiscing, for sure. Next time I post, I will be home in the States, and I promise I will share some pictures!