Oh my goodness, I know it has been forever since I’ve done one of these! As I’m leaving for Europe tomorrow, I thought it’d be appropriate for my five to be essential things I’m packing with me. I will only be gone for two weeks (as opposed to last summer’s monthlong stint in London), but I still need to be careful and conscious about my packing. The 40-pound rule still applies!
1. Pants/shorts: I’ve been watching the weather in the general area we’ll be, and have talked to my friend who’s living in Germany this summer, to keep up with the weather patterns over there. It sounds like it’ll stay high 60s to mid 70s for the next couple weeks, always with a chance of rain. I’m going to take two pairs each of jeans, capris, and shorts. I might throw in a third pair of jeans for nighttime journeys and cooler days, as I can always roll them up a little if needed. Insta-capris!
2. Shirts: The key with shirts is not to bring a shirt for every day of the trip, because you can wear the same shirt with a different bottom and create a whole new outfit. I will probably bring 7 shirts–a mix of short- and long-sleeved–just to be safe and give myself some variety. That will definitely be enough for two weeks. And plus, shirts are super easy to pack!
|I’ll think of something…|
3. Shoes: Since we’ll be doing a lot of walking, good, sturdy shoes are an absolute MUST. I’m taking my Sperrys, my black combat boots, and at least one pair of sandals. I might throw in my ankle-high rain boots if I have room, but the combat boots should be enough. That will give me plenty of options, depending on the weather and our daily activities.
4. Dresses: We have a couple of scheduled activities that I’d like to dress up a bit for, so I will be bringing two lightweight dresses with me. They’re comfortable and cute, and easy to pack, so they should work just perfectly and fit nicely in my suitcase.
5. Jackets/Sweaters: While it won’t be nearly as rainy in Eastern Europe as it was in London last summer, I am still bringing my rain jacket (which I just got monogrammed!) with me. A lightweight zip jacket for daily wear is also a must. You never know when the forecast will change and you need another layer. And of course, I will throw in a couple of cardigans, because really, would I ever go anywhere without one?
|Eddie Bauer anorak, newly monogrammed|
I will also have to pack some small toiletries and miscellaneous items like my makeup, hair stuff, chargers, wall adapters, camera charger, etc. And of course a notebook or three. But that stuff is easy!
Happy Friday and Happy Packing!