1. I am turning into a loose-leaf tea fanatic. I’ve always walked by the Teavana store at the mall and tasted whatever they had brewing that day, but I never even thought about buying any tea myself. That particular day, they were sampling a delicious Youthberry White and Orange Blossom blend. I could not resist. I am now the proud owner of a loose-leaf infuser and two kinds of tea. They are wonderful brewed individually or together.
2. I spent my 22nd birthday at the VT-UVA football game in Charlottesville a couple weeks ago. My friend Jordan’s older sister graduated from UVA in 2011, so her family goes to the Tech/UVA game every year. It was great to join them and experience the rivalry in enemy territory and just have fun. It was cold, but I did enough cheering and jumping around to keep myself warm.
At the tailgate
UVA’s Scott Stadium
Happy about the Hokie victory!
3. Last weekend, I got into culinary mode and made gingerbread cake balls and crockpot apple cider. Both are absolutely perfect and I cannot wait to make them at home for my family.
4. It’s finals timeat Tech! I only have two paper exams, but one of them is for my hardest class of the semester, so I’m pretty nervous about that one. Cumulative exams are cruel and unusual and should be outlawed. Just kidding. But seriously, cumulative exams are the worst.
5. There is a wonderful little cupcake bakery in Blacksburg called Gobble Cakes. This week, Gobble Cakes helped the VT chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) with a fundraiser, in which a portion of every cupcake purchase that day would go toward PRSSA. I was more than happy to contribute and try Gobble Cakes’ holiday cupcake flavors. I had a Sugar Cookie cupcake, but deciding among Gingerbread, Bananas Foster, Chocolate Peppermint, and Eggnog was not an easy task. But I do not doubt my choice for a second. It was perfect. I might have to go back and try Gingerbread before I leave.
A Thought and a Half is a participant in some affiliate programs. Affiliate programs are designed to provide a means to earn fees based on clicks and purchases on affiliated sites, at no cost to you. Read my full disclosure statement here.