I love making mix CDs for friends, and will find any excuse to make one. I have a very eclectic taste in music, so I’ve been told, and an extensive iTunes library to match, so why not share it?
Since I can’t make mix CDs for all y’all, I’ve got a different way of sharing my favorite music: a “playlists” series. I’m a believer in the notion that there’s a song (or collection of songs) for every occasion. I haven’t decided on a timetable for this, but every so often, I’ll create a playlist with a certain theme and post it here for everyone to enjoy.
Sound good? Awesome. Let’s roll.
I can’t remember what prompted me to make this playlist, but it’s in my iTunes and on my phone, and I play it in my car almost every time I’m in it. Gotta say I’m pretty proud of this one; it’s practically perfect in every way.
Side note: 10 points to whoever gets the movie reference I just made.
- Vegas — All Time Low
- One Week — Barenaked Ladies
- Twist & Shout — The Beatles
- Some Nights — Fun.
- Standing Outside the Fire — Garth Brooks
- Die Young — Timeflies
- Check Yes, Juliet — We the Kings
- Kiss You — One Direction
- Fool in the Rain — Led Zeppelin
- My Sharona — The Knack
- The Load Out/Stay — Jackson Browne
- Here I Am Alive — Yellowcard
- Daydream Believer — The Monkees
- Sell Out (Skacoustic) — Reel Big Fish
- Coming Home — New Found Glory
- Give a Little Bit — Supertramp
- Keeper — Yellowcard
- Keep Me in Mind — Zac Brown Band
Rock on, y’all. Suggestions for playlist themes are welcome! Leave a comment with ideas, thoughts, etc.