Ah, Valentine’s Day! Some say it’s the most romantic day of the year. It’s a day to show that special someone you love them—whether that special someone is a significant other, spouse, or just a really good friend. It’s always nice to let someone know you love them! Or it’s just another day on the calendar… however you choose to look at it!
Even if Valentine’s Day isn’t your thing, it’s a great opportunity to treat yourself. I’ve said before that it’s just as important to take care of yourself as it is to take care of others.
Valentine’s Day falls on a Wednesday this year, which is a bit awkward and means that many people will celebrate the following weekend. But if you can celebrate during the week, by all means go for it!
Here are 7 fun ways to treat yourself and/or your special someone for Valentine’s Day in Chattanooga!
From food to shows, there’s something going on this week for any and all tastes.
Treat yourself (or your special someone) to dinner // Whether you take a date, a gal pal or just yourself (hey, nothing wrong with a dinner date with yourself), a nice dinner out on Valentine’s Day is always a fun idea. Many places offer special meals for the evening, so it’s worth calling ahead to see what availability is.
Some of my favorite restaurants in Chattanooga for dinner dates are:
- Easy Bistro – I’d be shocked if this place isn’t already booked full for the evening, but if it isn’t, grab that reservation. They’re known for their oysters, but really anything on their menu is delicious. Don’t pass on their seasonal dessert, either!
- The FEED Co. Table & Tavern – Ditto about being booked, but their Valentine’s Day dinner sounds pretty spectacular. They’re also hosting a private wine dinner the following weekend and I believe there are still tickets available!
- Frothy Monkey – How does a three-course wine dinner sound? No reservations required for Tuesday or Wednesday night!
- Red Sauce – Chattanooga’s newest Italian restaurant is already making its mark on our food scene. They ARE requiring reservations for their Valentine’s Day dinner, so there may still be a chance left to grab your table!
Brunch, literally anywhere // I’m obviously a huge proponent for brunch. With so many wonderful brunch spots in Chattanooga, there are plenty of places to plan a boozy brunch with your gal pals or a fun date.
If you’re thinking of a Galentine’s Day brunch, then check out Basecamp Restaurant & Bar for their all-day brunch on Feb. 13th. They’re featuring an exclusive brunch menu, beer specials and of course chocolate-covered strawberries for dessert!
BONUS: For more Galentine’s fun, swing by The Daily Ration for a Galentine’s Mixer, hosted by The Brunch Collective and The Chattery.How are YOU celebrating #ValentinesDay this year? Click To Tweet
Go out for dessert // I won’t judge if you skip dinner and go straight for the sweets. What’s Valentine’s Day without some sweet treats? From cakes to fancy truffles to ice cream, there’s something in Chattanooga for whatever your Valentine is craving. Some of my favorite places for a sweet treat in Chattanooga are:
- The Hot Chocolatier – If you want chocolate, there is literally no other place in Chattanooga you should be. Truffles? Chocolate-covered macarons? Exquisite cakes? One of each? Sure.
- Rembrandt’s – If a low-key, quieter cafe setting is more your style, check out Rembrandt’s up in the Bluff View art district. Their tiramisu is probably my favorite I’ve had in Chattanooga.
- Clumpies Ice Cream – Why not skip dinner completely and go straight for a dessert date night? Check out Clumpies’ Valentine’s Date Night: dessert for two with your choice of Clumpies ice cream and a special beverage from Mad Priest Coffee.
Check out any of these other delicious dessert spots, too.
Big Band Fever at the Tivoli // If you haven’t been to this concert yet, you’re missing out. The CSO Pops Big Band Fever is one of the most popular annual entertainment events in the city. Enjoy an evening of swing dancing and big band music at the Tivoli Theater and get up on stage and try dancing yourself! Don’t worry, they offer swing lessons before the show.How will you treat yourself for Valentine's Day this year? Click To Tweet
Take a yoga class // I love a good yoga class; it’s a great way to get a good workout in without feeling overworked. Personally I love the focus on the breath and breathing, because it keeps my mind calm for the whole day. So really, what better way to treat yourself than a solid yoga class? Check your local yoga studios to see what kinds of classes they offer.
Treat yourself at a salon or spa // Need a haircut or a new style? Nails looking a little rough? Shoulders and back tight? There’s a salon or spa for that. Couples massages are a great way to wind down after a long day or long week.Chattanooga has tons of options for your Valentine's Day (or weekend) celebrations. Here are 7 great ideas! Click To Tweet
Wine & Chocolate Pairing // Two of my favorite things in one event? Yes please! Join the Chattanooga Tasting Club for an evening of chocolates courtesy of The Hot Chocolatier and wines hand-selected by Tim from the Tasting Club. There are still tickets available for this event—check it out!
Valentine’s Day is a day to show someone you love and care about them—even if that someone is yourself! Taking time to treat yourself is just as rewarding and important as showing love for another person.
How are you celebrating Valentine’s Day this year? What’s your favorite way to treat yourself?